Ok...now I'm really up a creek. My home computer has a virus.

---------

From: linda (lindwood_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 05:02:19 PDT

The other day I posted that my new school laptop picked up a klez virus
while I was downloading websites (Latin American Craft sites) to my
favorites. THat was bad enough. NOW last night, while in hotmail, trying
to upload a powerpoint lesson to forward to school, I was struck with a
second DIFFERENT virus. THis one appears on my screen as a freakin RED
BIRD that flaps its wings totally hyperactively on my screen. It is stuck
to one spot. I immediately ran my Norton scan, and it somehow had
disabled my email scanning. I was able to reinstate that, but the bird
still appeared. Meanwhile, as the scan was running on my total system, I
called my Dell Service Rep. Thanks goodness I could understand him. He
looked up the red bird, toldme it was a virus that was fixable, and guided
me through a process. Unfortunately, it didn't help. TOday I have to call
Norton, who OF COURSE does nothave a 24 hour hotline!!!!! AARGH.
Computers are just like dogs to me...they only get sick at night. Anway,
if anyone knows what the red bird is, I never did find out. I'm calling
Norton today, but this is disasterous. At least I have backup CDs of most
stuff, but one of them was in my computer (zip drive) when this got nasty.
 So, I imagine that one is history. I feel so sad and violated and
ANGRY!!! WHAT"S WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!
If everyone in the world could grow up to be an art teacher, the world
would be a better place, lol. My solution. Just looking for some empathy
from those who will understand my gut feelings of nausea today. And I CAN
NOT afford this right now.

---