Re: wire armatures?

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 19:46:25 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

From: "C Pearl" <seapearls_@hotmail.com>
 I am wondering however what pre-lessons you do. I like giving my students
pretty good knowledge base to do their projects on. I admit that my
weakness is in the area of sculpture and was looking for your thoughts and
advice on what works.

Shar ARndT
********************

HI. I spend time talking about the diff. between 2D and 3D showing a couple
of examples and also discussing shape vs. form. I show a couple of examples
of Henry Moore's more well-known sculptures but I especially like to bring
in the artist Jean Arps. His sculptures are so much attuned to the kind of
shapes made by the pantyhose lesson. It's really not a big leap for the kids
and they get the concept quite quickly. Having a sample or two you've done
first would be a help.

I saved the discussion of painting techniques until they have decided/shaped
the form and made a base coat of one color. Toodles......Bunki

---