Re: Quick Question

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 04:09:05 PDT

on 9/5/02 4:43 AM, LeAnn Escoffre at lescoffre@chartermi.net wrote:

> ....I then
> took my trusty glue gun and proceeded to continue the faces along the wall.
> Please tell me I am correct and the glue will not remove the paint when I
> take them down..

i tried the hot glue gun last spring on my art show and learned a few
things. if you squirt glue onto the picture backs (4 corners) and then wait
a few seconds...maybe count to ten...then stick it on the wall, it pops
right off when you take it down and the paint stays where it belongs. on the
other hand, if you press the scalding glue onto the wall without a little
wait, you might need a putty knife to dig it off the paint and lose some
paint in the process. i was somewhat worried about gluing right to the
wall so for a lot of my show i stapled large sheets of kraft paper to the
tack strips and then hot glued onto the paper. but i needn't have worried
because the walls came out just fine. i'll do it again in a new york minute.

linda in michigan

---