Wire sculpture and glue question

---------

From: LeAnn Escoffre (lescoffre_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 15:35:47 PDT

Trying to send this message but having problems. crossing my fingers,
holding my breath and hoping that this goes through.
School is great for me and life is good, despite the fact that I spent all
of my labor day vacation sick with a virus. Ugh. I have seen and read about
the wonderful pantyhose sculptures and I told my class today that we would
be making them, in a week or so after we complete our watercolor project.
Heehee they thought it was hilarious that I was asking them to bring in old
pantyhose if they had them. They are really gonna love it tomorrow when the
morning announcements comes and the office announces that Mrs. E the art
teacher needs pantyhose. I did remind them that they need to ask first.
:)Anyway I do have a quick question. My class has done some wonderful
collage pics and I quickly filled up one bulletin board in the hall. I then
took my trusty glue gun and proceeded to continue the faces along the wall.
Please tell me I am correct and the glue will not remove the paint when I
take them down.. I assured my principle that it would dry fine and just come
right off. Is this the case? I'm thinking someone had a problem where some
glue removed paint? Thanks all for the wonderful suggestions and ideas, and
one day I hope to have my site up with all of my kids wonderful artwork..
bye,
LeAnn

Note: If I posted twice I'm sorry

---