RE: Need Senior PORTFOLIO Ideas...

---------

From: Sandra E. Rowland (serowland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 14:40:44 PDT

My son's portfolio contained about 20 pieces with a good bit of variety.
Schools usually like to see at least half to be observational drawing.
Jason had several paintings, drawings, and a tiny bit of photography
combined with drawings. Take plenty of good slides and decide what
looks best from that, some things don't translate well on a slide. He
got a scholarship for his portfolio.

Sandra in Alabama

For the first time ever, I have a senior who is interested in going to
design school. She needs to get a portfolio together and I don't know
what to suggest! She is particularly interested in computer game
animation, but I'd think that her portfolio should be pretty
comprehensive.

So what do all you seasoned professionals suggest that her portfolio
contain?

Help!

JT

---