RE: *$&$@#$%^*&$%#@#$@!_+

---------

From: Sandra E. Rowland (serowland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 18:13:26 PDT

I've got one better. The super's secretary in the county system (the
one that is desperate for money!) makes $90,000! That should make the
public stop and think but no one thinks this is awful. I think it
disgusting that they are increasing class sizes, cutting teachers and
program, and art does not get a budget at all. Thank God, I work for
another system. Off my soapbox now!

Sandra in Alabama

*WARNING!* I need to complain for a minute. If you don't want the
negative energy to permeate your aura, then stop reading now! :)

The Super's secretary in our district makes 30grand+ and has only been
there a few years. She has a newly furnished cubical that looks pretty,
smells great and never has a broken A/C. She gets 1 hour for lunch.

A first year teacher will make 24, and it will take 8 years of service
or $10,000 of personal out of pocket graduate hours to reach $30,000.
And, of course, 30 years and MS +60 will still only yeild 39,000. We
get 25 minutes of lunch, climate control only 50% of the time, and the
pleasure of hormonal teenaged body odor.

What's wrong with this picture?

---