Desk Jobs---->Teaching

---------

Wizzlewolf_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 15:30:17 PDT

In a message dated 9/3/02 5:21:15 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
jdnag@elknet.net writes:

> The salaried people are expected
> to work until the job is completed. I know I've worked through many
> weekends and then back to the desk on Monday morning.

I understand where you are coming from, but I have had both desk (salary)
jobs and I have been a teacher. It is like comparing apples and oranges. Yes,
desk jobs have work to be done, but in teaching you have bunches of faces
looking at you the next day. Every desk job I have ever had there were ways
to "make up" if I just didn't get finished the day before. In teaching, you
can't do this. It just HAS to be done and ready REGARDLESS.
In teaching there are no "stolen moments" or break in the mid-morning. It is
always go-go-go. You just GOTTA get it done NOW!
wizzlewolf

Sheree Rensel
BFA, MFA, NBCT
<A HREF="http://www.wizzlewolf.com/rensel.html">Sheree Rensel - Artist</A>