Re: Teaching and kids

---------

From: Judy Nagel (jdnag_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 15:17:15 PDT

 Re: "I think about those people with
desk jobs that they can leave when their day is over"

FYI Don't think everyone who is behind a desk is like that. Lots of people
work many, many hours over the usual 40. The salaried people are expected
to work until the job is completed. I know I've worked through many
weekends and then back to the desk on Monday morning. People with desk jobs
also have the mundane home tasks to do as well. I think it is a sign of the
times that we are all asked to do more with less. I know what you mean
about getting burned out. I believe it is a constant challenge in any job
these days. I believe we have to set priorities just like some on this list
have done. Say no when you have to and yes only to the most important
requests. Thoroughly enjoy your leisure with your family without guilt and
try to make time in the schedule for just you. Just my 2 cents...
Judy Nagel
Sax Arts & Crafts
jdnag@elknet.net
jnagel@saxarts.com