Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Rennaisance Projects?

From: Aaron Hopkins (hopkiaar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 09:00:55 PDT

During my art history unit with the third grade we study Leonardo
DaVinci and his inventions. We look at his sketchbook and make a
drawing of an invention with labels and writing (it's kinda fun to get
them to write backwards too).

>>> 09/02/02 10:04PM >>>

Good ideas! I got the book, I think it is called "In the Days of Dukes
Damsels?" check the Sax catalogue.

I was thinking of the typical castle, knight, illuminated letters, etc.
wanting to give them a tweak. I thought about having the kids make a
puppet theatre and using a method of foam and old turtlenecks I got
from an OAEA
workshop I attended, thought they could make these muppet like puppets
present their own shows.

Also, I got this really cool rainbow paper which is corregated, combed,
other brilliant colored paper to go with, and a paper krinkler, to
create some
hanging dragon sculptures.

I, too, will have a student teacher, so I am hoping she will come up
with some
good ideas. Will pass on what I do and what works and doesn't.