RE: Teaching and kids

---------

Renee.Berg_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 06:57:40 PDT

Melissa, I hear you. I feel guilty sometimes when I'm overloaded with work. I try to leave by 4:00. I too have two kids, 10 and 7, my hubby teaches too. It is hard to juggle job and family, and time for yourself. I have my kids dropped off at my school, so we can do "homework" together. Some days are a rush with Piano, soccer, and church. We looked at moving to a bigger town, for a raise in salaries, Lincoln NE and decided against it, when it took us 50 min. to get anywhere. We decided to stay in a town that takes 10 min. to drive across. Lower salaries, but simpler life. My husband is a brittle diabetic and after putting him in a hospital a few times I figured out what is more important. We also went to do some mission work 3 years ago on a Navaho reservation. I saw that people can live with little material possessions, and have faith that God will provide for needs. When we went back home, my 16 year old couch did not look as bad, I also dropped volunteering for so much and simplified my life. I too want
 to do a good job and work, but family is first. Good luck. I think many people women and men feel this way.
Bergie

Renee Berg
6th,7th Art and 8th grade Art Tech
Mitchell Public Schools