Re: Rennaisance Projects?

---------

From: Sandy (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 19:04:53 PDT

Linda,

Good ideas! I got the book, I think it is called "In the Days of Dukes and
Damsels?" check the Sax catalogue.

I was thinking of the typical castle, knight, illuminated letters, etc. but
wanting to give them a tweak. I thought about having the kids make a castle
puppet theatre and using a method of foam and old turtlenecks I got from an OAEA
workshop I attended, thought they could make these muppet like puppets and
present their own shows.

Also, I got this really cool rainbow paper which is corregated, combed, and
other brilliant colored paper to go with, and a paper krinkler, to create some
hanging dragon sculptures.

I, too, will have a student teacher, so I am hoping she will come up with some
good ideas. Will pass on what I do and what works and doesn't.
Sandy

linda eastman wrote:

> on 8/31/02 11:14 PM, Amoebametal@aol.com at Amoebametal@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Our all school theme this year is Middle Ages and The Rennaisance. Does
> > anyone have any "great ideas" on how to incorporate this into a K-5 art
> > program?

---