Re: elementary art games

---------

From: jane mary (mjart49_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 17:20:26 PDT

>Does anyone have an art games based in elementary, first and/or second grade
>to be exact. I'm trying to think of something like a contest that would help
>with art history and art terms but for the younger students. Any ideas?

Sal, I made up an Art Bingo game several years ago and still use it. I made up several bingo boards with different shapes on them. Circles, rec., squares, organic ,etc. then colored them different colors. I have a circle in every color, a square...yada..yada.in a box. I pull one of these out of the box, for example, a red square, if they have a red square on their board, they cover that spot. Works like regular bingo. The boards and my shapes that I pull from the box are all laminated. They love this game and it is good review for the little ones for their shapes and colors. Their prize is that they get to call the next game!MJ