Re: sharpening a paper cutter blade

---------

Iteachart7_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 14:55:42 PDT

In a message dated 9/1/2002 8:00:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
miss_lavery@yahoo.com writes:

> Hello! Does anyone know how to sharpen a paper cutter blade? I asked the
> janitor at my school and he had no idea. The paper cutter at my school is
> very old, and now is so dull I cannot cut paper without it getting torn and
> ragged. Any suggestions are appreciated! thanks, Marcia

If you can unscrew the arm that holds the blade, take it to the guy in town
that sharpens lawn mower blades. I did that last year and boy is it sharp!
i used to rest the blade arm on my shoulder as I removed the paper, then at
lunch I felt a draft and realised that I sliced my shirt sleeve!
Peace for tommorow is my first day back!!!!
Gabrielle

---