Re: re-intro and question about extra preps

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 14:00:40 PDT

Hi Carolyn, If I had extra preps, and went into other classrooms to
help or give suggestions for art integration, the teachers in my
building would seethe at the thought that I had all of that time.
Personally, I would leave it, or offer, to the principal, to take a
couple of classes on a rotation basis for art appreciation. I think
your idea about being open for the recess hour is good. You could
perhaps limit numbers and start an art club. If you really want to go
back to a full schedule, you could suggest a four -day rotation
schedule.
It's unfortunate that the first reaction is guilt for us when one
actually get the time to do research, plan, make examples, try new
techniques, write rubrics, organize your room, etc. The funny thing is,
that we expect to be overloaded but do not expect to have something that
is very workable and.... sane. Just my opinion.
Betsy

Gldpawz@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 09/02/02 2:39:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> lindwood@webtv.net writes:
>

>> I hope you didn't get a salary cut too!
>
> no (thank goodness) but my art supply budget was severely cut. One
> school I

---