Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: oil pastels and spraypaint

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 08:54:13 PDT

from: Bunki Kramer (
Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
From: lin <>
The absolute BEST thing to use as a fixative for oil pastels, craypas or
gen. pastels is matte clear spray paint.
Do you have a particular brand you use? Do you spray under a hood or
I go to my local hardware store and buy the brand they are selling. Not all
brands have the clear matte so whatever they have would probably fit the
bill. Just test it on a sample first. I spray it right outside the door (so
I can keep an eye on the class). Doesn't take but a second to dry that way.
BTW...wear a pair of cheap plastic's a bugger to get off your
hands and I generally forget the gloves. Toodles.....Bunki