Re: sharpening a paper cutter blade

---------

From: linda (lindwood_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 08:39:31 PDT

A teacher in my school bought a Premier about 8 years ago. It has cut a
LOT of cardboard and plaster gauze. It is STILL sharp as can be, and it
is still aligned perfectly. I am buying a Premier. I have witness the
"abuse" that she gave this cutter, and I go to her room when I want to
cut. My "inferior brand" that shal remain nameless at the moment cause I
can't remember it, is horrible, and it's only 3 years old. It has never
been abused. Go for the Premier. But be aware that I ordered one from
our local big art store and in the cataglogue it said it was a 24 inch
cutter. Imagine my surprise when I received it and it was 18x24.
Well....how in the heck are you going to trim your 24 inch paper if the
paper is only 24 inches wide???? I marched it back. And they had to
special order me a 24 inch square one. Paper cutters are supposed to be
square!!!

---