Adding more definition to the purposes of art...

---------

From: Kevan Nitzberg (knitzber_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 07:58:17 PDT

Oops!

Missed the last paragraph in the last post. Here is the complete text:

THE FUNCTIONS OF ART

Art helps us to find a vehicle with which to speak when no Œtraditionalš
means allows us a comprehensive enough avenue to express ourselves fully.

Art gives us a springboard to explore new and unguessed at places within
ourselves, keeping alive the wonder of that which we call life.

Art provides us with a road map with which to navigate the world we live in
and find our own sense of reality as we traverse it.

Art supplies us with the tools to celebrate that which we find beautiful
and, in turn, attempt to try and create our own beauty.

Art challenges people to understand and appreciate both our universality and
diversity, giving us a much wider as well as a more focused lens through
which to view the human experience.

Kevan Nitzberg

---