Re: disease/tragedy of the week

---------

From: C Pearl (seapearls__at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 01 2002 - 18:18:52 PDT

Been thinking about this thread and it makes me wonder.  I do try to spend a bit of time on the themes of hope peace and joy.  Not sure if that makes me nieve.  Just think that we need to focus on the good as well as the bad.  I agree that art is a social comment but I also feel that there needs to be a balance betwwen the good and the bad.  We live in a stressed out world with stressed out students.  To me helping students to look at life critically also means helping them see the good,  the bad and the in-between.

Shar ARndT
teacher and artist

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.
Pablo Picasso