Re: oil pastels and spray.....

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 01 2002 - 09:10:11 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
>From: "linda" <lindwood@webtv.net>
> Are you recommending clear acrylic spray for chalk drawings, too????????
> I have some lovely ones and dread the spray fix.
**************

I don't know if it's "acrylic" or not but I use your basic matte clear spray
paint which comes in a spray can. I've used it on pastel chalk work quite a
bit...no smudges on your hands. I've sprayed former student examples, dried,
and laid them among other artwork without benefit of newspaper layers and
there is no residue.

It CAN dull the color down just SLIGHTLY depending on your pastel brand so
I'd suggest you spray a sample or least favorite one first and see. The
gloss clear spray paint gives a different quality which is nice but it's
difficult to photograph it with it's shiny finish. For craypas, the spray is
an "absolute". Try it yourself. Toodles....Bunki

---