Re: Free time activities

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 19:52:31 PDT

How about the "Anti-Art Coloring Books" or some of the coloring books of
famous artworks. I have a coloring sheet of "The Scream" and "Starry Night"
(two of my favorites). The students color on these when they are finished,
and after most students have had a chance to color these I bring out the
"real" paintings. Students are always amazed at how differently they
interpreted the subjects. I also have tons of "How to Draw" books, fun art
type books (optical illusions, origami, etc).
~Michal

> Does anyone have any good ideas/handouts for middle schoolers who finish
> projects early? I hate to have them just draw in their sketchbook
> because they often have no idea what to draw. I have a couple of
> handouts but need a lot more. Any ideas? (I teach 6th and 7th grade).
> Thanks!
> -Krista

---