Make you own wet wipes

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 18:34:27 PDT

A VERY wise list member posted this last summer (she got it from a local
paper). Has anyone tried it yet?

"Here's how I make my own baby wipes: Cut a roll of paper towels in half; I
recommend Bounty plain white. You will have what looks like two thick rolls
of toilet paper. Place one roll of paper towels in a 2 or 3 quart
Rubbermaid cylinder container. Pour a mixture of 2 1/2 cups boiled water, 2
tablespoons baby oil, and 1 tablespoon baby wash (like Johnson's) down the
core of the towels. Wait a few minutes, then pull out the cardboard core.
Within a hour the paper will have absorbed the liquid. The wipe will spiral
out from center. For portable use in the diaper bag, I use a leftover blue
plastic wet wipe container and refill with my homemade one. L. White"

I feel your pain.... I can not imagine an art room with out water --
especially with the quality of work Bunki does with her middlers We will
all help her count down the days till she gets her room back. I just
answered a survey (via phone tonight)... I had to rate my room and
facilities a perfect 10 -- it is wonderful! You folks help me count my
blessings!

When I had a room with out water (long ago) -- I used small buckets at each
table -- but then again - I had a place just down the hall to empty.

Judy

---