How Art, US Culture effect Native American Art and culture

---------

From: Sara Scheid (scheidsa3_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 18:28:06 PDT

When I taught at a Indian Settlement School I used
The Native American Fine Art Movement: A Resource Guide

Do a search for Heard Museum
Then click on education.

or www.heard.org/education/resource
nafamrg/full.html.

FREE offer for teachers!
The Native American Fine Art Movement: A Resource Guide

By Margaret Archuleta
Michelle Meyers
Susan Shaffer Nahmias
Jo Ann Woodsum
Jonathan Yorba

Heard Museum Phoenix, Arizona 1994

This resource guide focuses on painting and sculpture produced by Native
Americans in the continental United States since 1900. The emphasis on
artists from the Southwest and Oklahoma is an indication of the importance
of those regions to the on-going development of Native American art in
this century and the reality of academic study. Development of this
resource guide was funded by the Nathan Cummings Foundation.
  FREE offer for teachers!

Due to the generous support of the Nathan Cummings Foundation, free slide
sets are available to schools for classroom presentations using the Native
American Fine Arts Movement Resource Guide. This offer is still available
(October 1998).

The entire text of this resource guide, including images, is available as
a single file for printing or viewing offline at
www.heard.org/education/resource
nafamrg/full.html. Note:The file with inline images is approximately
400,000 bytes; download time may be significant.

Students and teachers are invited to print these pages for use in their
own classroom projects. Except for such use, these pages and artwork may
not be reproduced in any manner without the permission of the Heard Museum
and the artist

Sara Scheid

scheidsa3@home.com

---