moving into a portable....need help with water ideas

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 18:06:58 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

I need some help from many of you pros out there...(especially those on a
cart probably as you've got this problem licked already). Due to
remodernization, I'm getting ready (1 week) to move from my artroom into a
smaller portable....think moving out of a shoebox into a cigar
box.....tighter fit and all and WITH NO SINKS. I'll have two 5 gallon tanks
and an outdoor spigot 50 feet away with no hose so I'm imagining a
curriculum with no painting for a 4-month period (unless I want to lug
water). The problem isn't really the lugging as much as getting rid of the
"gray" (used) water. Everything around us runs off into the creek nearby
unless you carry it a football field's length away to the boys' bathroom. I
have planned my curriculum ahead so we've been painting like mad since the
second day of school to get all our painting done before we move.

To make a long story shorter, I know I'll still be doing gluing projects
which require some sort of hand washing. How do you art-on-a-cart teachers
handle hand wipes? Anything diff. and workable? I know some of you have
mentioned ideas in the past but since it didn't apply to me, I didn't read
these posts as carefully as I should have. Help!

Has anyone else been through this kind of move and can lend an idea or two?
Thanks....Bunki

---