Re: Best practice- an idea

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 17:38:51 PDT

Hi Betsy, I don't think you can produce a single "best" practice book on
how to teach art
 because there are individuals involved. One of my students said
to me in great admiration--you can do everything!! I said, now think of
it, I only give you assignments that I like and can do well. Your best
assignment for acrylic painting might be the beach at sunset because you
can teach some specific brushwork techniques or show reflection etc. and
my best might be throwing paint and mixing it with my toes because I love
sloppy wild stuff. My personal enthusiasm is really important. One of
the great thing about art programs is how different they can be, yet touch
on culture, history, E&P and emotions.

# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko High School #
# College Avenue #