Something worked

---------

From: Jean Eger Womack (jeaneger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 17:05:03 PDT

Something worked, so I thought you might like to know about it. I started
out the year with a couple of Mark Kistler DRAW SQUAD lessons, including
drawing boxes in 3-D (which later became skyscrapers). Then came September
11. The homework was to draw the events of September 11 as it affected
them. Then I showed a video about Jacob Lawrence, explained narrative art,
then asked the students to paint the events of September 11. I asked them
to draw and then paint shapes in tempera, and afterwards add detail. I
received an explosion of creativity and enough good drawings and paintings
to put in the display case. Wow! It took me by surprise.

I haven't yet asked for permission to show their work on the internet, or
I'd put some on my web site.

Jean Eger Womack
http://www.jeaneger.com

---