Blanket the World with Peace Meeting at TAPPED IN

---------

From: BJ Berquist (berquist_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 15:41:09 PDT

Dear World Peace Advocate,

The next planning meeting for the Blanket the World with Peace Project
is scheduled for Thursday, October 4, 6pm PDT/9pm EDT in TAPPED IN. If
you have never logged in to TAPPED IN (http://www.tappedin.org) you
might want to log in a few minutes early so the helpdesk folks can get
you where you need to be. Bring your sample lesson plans or web pages so
we can plan the resource web page for our project. If you have any
funding resources, please bring those ideas, too!

The Blanket the World with Peace Project will be able to be shared in by
as many schools or other educational institutions as wish to take part.
The basic plan is to have each participant involved, submit digitized
original student artwork that will become a part of an electronic,
clickable quilt. These squares would in turn act as links to additional
arts forms (music, prose, poetry, etc.), that would also be portraying
messages / themes revolving around the necessity for peace in our
world. The growth in violence in today's society, underscored by the
horrific attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on Tuesday,
September 11th, has been the impetus for this creation of a proactive
approach to promoting peace. Anna Martin, chair of Electronic Media
Interest Group, National Art Education Association, has taken the first
steps towards the formulation of this endeavor, and has discussed the
project at some length online with other educators internationally.

TAPPED IN works on most browsers and is both Mac and PC friendly. (AOL
is not compatable with the TAPPED IN interface and AOL users need to
download Netscape or Internet Explorer and log in from that browser.) If
you have any problems, please contact me.

Yours in Peace,
BJ Berquist
Associate Educator, TAPPED IN
mailto:bjb@tappedin.org