measurement

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 08:50:32 PDT

I. too. was asked to provide measurement for prof growth. I am not
reinventing the wheel, and will show improvement through the use of
rubrics. I expect the student's work to improve through the use of
rubrics and be reflected in the rubric ratings at a higher level and
through authentic assessment- based on class performance and work
performance. This is new to me and is taking a tremendous amount of
time, that I don't have because of scheduling woes. I am all for
assessment, and actively promote it, but it sounds like Jeannie's
principal is
asking for something that will not truly be able to be measured until
the state tests for knowledge in art. Maybe he knows of resources to
help in this area? Just my thoughts, Betsy

---