re: marbleizing

---------

From: Glenda Sherrill (gmsherrill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 29 2001 - 19:45:47 PDT

If you want something easy, try pastels. I use Prang,
but I'm sure other brands will also work. Each
student had a 9x 9 (I think) aluminum pan and poured
water into them from paper cups at their tables. Then
they chose 3 colors and scraped the sides of the
pastels over the water. The pastel "powder" floats on
top and they simply laid a 6x 9 white construction
paper on top of the water. But, this only marbleizes
one side. I have also dipped the 4 edges of paper in
and made a border for stationary. You may want to try
cutting the bookmarks and dipping the entire thing in
on its side. The "powder" will stick to both sides.
If you try it, let me know how it turns outI may want
to do bookmarks in the future.

Glenda Sherrill