Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Sculptural Ceramic Artists of Interest

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 29 2001 - 17:30:37 PDT

In my search for more relief sculptures...(form the "I Love Clay" site)-- I
ran acorss some sculptural ceramics worth sharing -- particularly for high
school folks.

Beth Cavener Stichter - Very imaginative work suitable for high school
students (mature themes) -- many nature inspried pieces.

France Fauteux's favorite subjects are animals. She renders them in simple
forms and beautiful designs. This web site is her gallery of unique ceramic
(This one will have a link from my site eventually)

Ferrin Gallery Teapot Exhibition (some mature -particularly Adrian Arleo)

Juanita Wolff
One of a kind ceramic sculptures inspired by
Southwestern and South American influences.

Laura Zindel (interesting boxes)

Mark Ferri - Interesting face sculpture - mask like (distortion- emotions -
face faces Gallery 3 connection to Picasso's ceramics)

Sana Musasama - African America Woman (has sculptural houses)

Roy Strassberg -- (has sculptural houses)

This is as far as I got until one site made IE crash....I guess it is time
to quit.
Please continue to post sites of interest as you surf.....There are
probably hundreds of good sites out there. I did find a few more
contemporary relief sculpture images -- but nothing all that exciting to