South West Pottery - links and video

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 29 2001 - 10:00:27 PDT

Well... I unexpectedly did my South West Internet lesson with my kiddies
Friday (only a few days before planned). I wasn't about to get clay out
with bees flying around my room. We found a couple glitches in it the
lesson -- and I have those fixed (for now).

Video:
I wanted to add more links to the potters who were featured in the video
"Legacy of Generations". Seems the National Museum for Women in The Arts
site is down ---- but I did find a link to add about the production of the
video. I highly recommend "Legacy of Generations" -- If I could only buy
one video for South West pottery-- this would be it. It has small segments
of dance - music --culture - history as well as interviews with several of
the women. I have used the "Maria Martinez" and "Daughters of the Anasazi"
(Acoma Pueblo - Lewis Lewis and daughters) -- but like this better.

Internet Lesson:
http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/swest.htm
If anyone is using printed versions of this -- the numbering has changed -
I moved some of the sites around and removed some links.

I haven't done any searches for this lesson for two years -- I lot has
happened on the Web since.... PLEASE post any good Southwest Native
American sites you may have come across. I challenged my students to find
good ones I don't have on this page -- every year I have at least one bring
in sites (last year's additions are no longer online -- so links were
removed.)

Judy Decker

---