Re: Measurable goals / not serious

---------

From: John Kupcinski (jckup_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 20:43:29 PDT

Judy D. wrote:
>Another good one -- 80% of my students will get through the nine weeks
>(twelve for me) without ruining their clothes (easy to measure -- I no
>longer have enough paint shirts for a whole class --- smile). Record each
>days those who get boo-boos.

For middle schoolers, a measurable goal could also be -- 80% of my students
will talk, chew gum, primp at the mirror, and hold a paint brush, (notice I
didn't say paint) all at the same time.

But seriously, my principal has had "assessment" (both teacher and student)
on his staff meeting agenda for the past two weeks. He's currently
enrolled in a doctoral program and is coming back with all this "cutting
edge stuff" to try out on us. Jeannie, keep us posted!

Cheryl

---