Measurable Goals for middle school

---------

From: Jeannie Sandoval (jensando_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 16:58:08 PDT

Hi again!

Now that I am back... I need help. I have been wanting
to ask this since school began.. but couldn't. SO,
Middle school art teachers... I ask you this... Do you
have to prove that your students have improved during
the 9 week grading period? (Or however long you get
them each year)
What they want us to do is say (for example) 80% of
the kids will pass art. I have goals for all my kids,
but they want a goal with a percentage attached. My
heavens! How do I do that? SOme 9 weeks they all do
great and some just plop- depending on the grade, time
of year, weather, moon phases, tidal pulls and etc.
hehe Pre-Test and Post Test are now required... I
have an old pre test but it is simply about thier
artistic knowledge. I have to show results on a graph
that show how they all did on a pretest and compare it
to a post test.
I admit, I am stumped. I am not myself this year and
any 'deep' thinking or otherwise is beyond me. I just
have been more consumed with Mom than school. I
cannot, for the life of me, figure out what I should
do.
I beg ANYONE out there to enlighten me... I am needing
"Measurable Goals". I have great goals but none are
measurable. Maybe I need a new pretest and give it
again post test... but I need ideas. HELP! I know
somebody has just what the Dr ordered for me and my
tired brain.
SInce I am on the digest version.. please email me at:
jensando@yahoo.com
thanks!
jeannie in ga