RE: Marbleizing

---------

From: Kathy Tickner (ktickner_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 10:41:40 PDT

I have used a enamel spray paint, on top of water in aluminum trays.
Lesson:
fill aluminum trays with water
spray a light coat of enamel-based spray paint (I have used all colors,
including gold and silver) on top of the water
Swirl with combs , hair picks, or long thin toothpick-like sticks
lay white paper on top of the water for about 10 seconds, press gently, and
you will see the spray paint stick to the paper through the back of the
paper.
Lift gently, lay flat to dry.
Cut into bookmark lenghts, when dry, and laminate.
Kathy Tickner
(p.s. I have also "shaved" chalk onto the surface of water, and layed paper
on top, the chalk dust will stick to the paper. Spray with fixative after
dry.)