Re: Teaching time

---------

From: Elena Barillas-Flores (flores_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 10:15:50 PDT

 Hey I have just joined the Artsnet. This is GREAT!
Regarding your time crunch. If I were you I would INSIST that classroom
teachers pickup and drop off their clsses. Ttime is much more critical for
you. The reason your school does it this way is probably because this is
just the way they have always done it and no one bothered to say... "HEY,I
will change this for these reasons,..."
Change the paradigm. MAN!!!!!!!!!!!! I have ten min. between classes and my
classes are fifty min and four of them are 80 min... but thats because the
art teachers in are district have to cry out and mobilize when
administration starts to "give us the short end of the stick!!!: good luck