Re: Fabulous clay

---------

From: vicki ranck (vranck_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 05:48:36 PDT

Hello Wendy,
I got a lesson here sometime last year. I use it with my 7th graders and
they turn out absolutely cool. and the kids take them home. I can't find the
letter i downloaded, so i can't tell you whose idea it is, but it is someone
on this list. And a big thank you!! The project is pinch pot fish bowls.
Have the students make two pinch pots, place together and have them score to
blend half way around, give it a little squeeze and the mouth opens.(the
kids' fish range from closed mouth to wide open). then they add eyes, either
pressed or bulging, then fins and a tail, i use a paper clip pressed into
the body for a scale texture. and if you give them a garlic press some of
their top fins get pretty wild. i've had big tongues hanging out, complete
with tongue rings....but the end result is really neat and the kids can't
wait to take them home. i've been teaching for 13 years and that has become
one of my main objectives- art they want to keep!!! hope this helps, and i
apologize in advance for not remembering the name of who originally posted
this assignment!
vicki in tn

http://inbox.excite.com

---