Re: Rope coil baskets

---------

From: Deb Mortl (dmortl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 18:51:57 PDT

Hi Gelato!
How are things this year? Hope it is going better than last - we are
working without a contract and getting nowhere - some steps actually went
DOWN in pay! ANyway, could you send the info you have on coil baskets to
me? I'd like to do that in my crafts class - this is the first time I've
taught it so I have revamped it. We are just finishing with stained glass -
it was a lot of fun. I'd love to do baskets, and maybe weave seed beads
around the rims - but I haven't made one in ages and don't know where to
start....

I wish the art museum was still having their teacher workshops this year,
but it doesn't look like anything is in the works. Maybe they will plan a
Saturday workshop like the Pop Art one last year - that was great.

Let me know if you can send the basket info - thanks!
Deb Mortl
Cedarburg High School - art dept.
W68N611 Evergreen Blvd.
Cedarburg, WI 53012