Art Across America- last stop

---------

From: Virginia Rockwood (wckdstpm_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 14:52:49 PDT

Mary (et al),

First, I extend my congratulations on the wonderful honor of being
recognized as the Wisconsin Middle School Art Teacher of the Year! Somehow I
don't think anyone here at ArtsEdNet is surprised.

I did receive "Art Across America", and the show is currently showing in the
Learning Center (library) of the Brattleboro Area Middle & High School here
in southern Vermont to very favorable reviews. Some of the work is rather
tired looking, but the quality shines through. I loved looking at the
included photos that many teachers sent on with the box. I've tacked them up
next to the corresponding work. They put faces to the many familiar names
and personalities that frequent this list-serve. I expect another week, and
then I'll take it down and pack it up for the last time and send it back to
Mary. I marvel at how a good idea coupled with the energy and expertise of
dedicated art educators can enrich the lives of so many. And despite all our
ethnic and regional differences this exhibit has only helped us to recognize
in some small way one way we are all connected. Art is surely one thing that
all humans share in common.

Thanks Mary.

Ginny Rockwood
Brattleboro Area Middle School