Master's Thesis Topic for Art Education and Elementary Eduacation

---------

From: Robin Fasciano Gianis (rgianis_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 07:31:52 PDT

Hi.
I am wondering if there is anyone out there who can give me an idea or two
in regard to chosing a Master's thesis topic. My master's is in Elementary
Ed., with a focus on Art Ed. My professor says I must chose a topic such
as "The Impact of Art education on _________(blank)".The blank must be
something cognitive like mathematics or higher level thinking skills,
etc...
I would like to do my Thesis on Multicultural Art Educations' Impact on
something cognitive, but I can find little more than theory on anything to
do with multicultural Art Ed. Does anyone have any ideas or prior
experience with studies in Multicultural Art Ed. and how it may impact the
elementary students education. I must use primary research studies,
primarily. secondary sources may be used but are only supportive of the
primary ones.
Any ideas at al would be tremendously appreciated.
thanks,
Robin

---