Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: To dunk or not to dunk...

From: JIM WITTSTRUCK (JWITTSTRUCK_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 06:52:11 PDT

I would say add as litttle water to them as possible, since you want to get that glaze to stick... We always used damp (barely) sponges. Dipping just insures that the piece is already waterlogged.

With my students and their small claythings (elementary) we don't do ANY prep to the surface, and I have no problems.

Jim W.

Jim Wittstruck
M. W. Savage Elementary
Savage, MN 55044

>>> 09/26/01 04:32PM >>>

This question came up with a colleague today. When students are ready to glaze a
piece of bisqueware, do you have them dunk it in water or just sponge with a damp
sponge? Or maybe neither.