Re: glue solutions?

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 15:00:39 PDT

I buy the 1/4 oz. bottles along with gallon bottles for refilling. Small
hands can easily hold them, while the small size seems to keep older kids
from using too much. My first lesson (ALL K-12 students) every year involves
proper glue usage. "Open the glue bottle all the way, now close 1/2 way. 3
TINY drops is all you need (or make up any number depending upon size of
project)". I bet each class a candy bar if their paper comes apart before
the end of the year (and tearing it off voids it for the entire class -
there is always 1 or 2 students who will make sure the others follow the
rules!) At the end of class we close the glue bottles and wipe off the tops.
These bottles last for years, and I refill glue bottles 1 or 2 times a year.
~Michal
whest177@wheatstate.com
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

---