Pre-Columbian Ceramics page - Ceramics Video

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 18:17:58 PDT

I spent a great part of Sunday hunting for ceramic effigy vessels.... I
saved some of the more "fruitful" links and made a page for my site:
http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/effigy.htm
It is linked from many of my pages (Internet lesson - Pre-Columbian- Maya
Lesson - Inca Lesson)

Here is "some food for thought" (smile folks who I talked to earlier this
evening -- our little joke)....... You might want to show some comparisons
between the pre-Columbian ceramics and those of Ancient Iran/Persia. I was
fascinated by the ceramics of Iran several years ago and did a unit with my
sixth graders....Naturally, folks who knew anything about art asked if they
were inspired by pre-Columbian ceramics.... There aren't many images on the
web -- but there is a book that is available (a little pricey).

I made a PowerPoint of the pre-Columbian effigies -- now I just have to
find what I did with those slides from 6 years ago.....

Info on book:
Ancient Iranian Ceramics