Art, Music, and Rousseau

---------

From: pgstephens (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 18:00:14 PDT

During my recent research about Henri Rousseau, I came across some
information about Rousseau being a violinist and that he had also
written a waltz that was published. This piqued my interest and after a
bit of digging, I found a contemporary classical group that has recorded
Rousseau's "Clemence Waltz." On top of that, the CD contains musical
interpretations of three of Rousseau's works of art, "Merry Jesters,",
"Carnival Evening," and "Sleeping Gypsy." All four pieces are on one CD
titled "Foliage." The group is the Riverdale Ensemble and you can order
the CD online.

I taught a unit of study about Rousseau to my 2nd grade kids and they
were enthralled with this music. I highly recommend the music to those
of you who want to integrate music into your art curriculum in a
meaningful way.

From Texas,
Pam

---