Fw: Please read- Salvation Army Benefit NY

---------

From: Paint with Joni (joni17_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 10:12:01 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: Paint with Joni
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 7:12 PM
Subject: Fw: Please read- Salvation Army Benefit NY

----- Original Message -----
From

----- Original Message -----
From: Paint with Joni
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 6:57 PM
Subject: Please read- Salvation Army Benefit NY

September 19, 2001

Dear E-mail friends and family,

By now, we have all seen the horrific images of unspeakable tragedy that befell our Nation on September 11th.

I was born and raised in NY and came to CA. in 1962.

One image that keeps coming back to me, and that is an image that I saw on TV Tuesday and Wednesday.

  A cloth doll was lying on the ground and I saw many people step around it and no one picked it up. Being a Grandmother of nineteen and our 20th due in December and a Great- Grandmother of two I felt a deep sense of sorrow with that image of the cloth doll.

 My Daughter called me saying her 6 year old daughter, Bailey said that she had a hard time stopping the tears. It just broke my heart. My son is a captain with CDF on the helicopters in Santa Clara. My oldest grandson is also a fireman in El Dorado County(California).

 The creative side of my brain began to go to work at 5 am. I composed a painting in my mind and now I have put that image on to a 24 x 36 inch canvas. My son Kenny came by for a visit and I asked him to pose for me. He had shorts and sandals on and I didn't have a cloth doll so I used a teddy bear. I did what I had envisioned and have composed a painting that tells what my heart has felt:

  A fireman is kneeling down picking up the cloth doll with smoke and ashes behind him. In front of the fireman the grass is nice and green and full of wild flowers and a sunny sky with a dove in the clouds.

I painted the doll with 6 red stripes on her pantaloons and one red stripe around her neck and 50 white stars on her dress. The right side of the fireman's uniform is nice and shinny and the back of him is covered with ashes, depicting (the nightmare is behind us.)

I will be having post cards and cards made from this painting and all the proceeds with be donated to the Salvation Army. I am taking orders and do hope that you will help out the Salvation Army. I plan on hanging the painting in our local post office as soon as it is dry.

I am waiting to hear from my printer to see how soon I will have these to offer to you. I will have a price + postage for the cards and postcards within a few days.

I will have a picture on my Web page as soon as the painting is completed in a day or two.

I am also going to compose the verse inside the card.

I am open for all your suggestions.

Love,

Joni

---