glue solutions?

---------

From: Christene Sandeson (c.sandeson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 04:44:16 PDT

Hi

        I am also open to glue solutions and currently use this method:

        I purchased small square plastic containers at the dollar
store with wide mouth caps. I fill each container about 1/4 inch with
white glue from my gallon jug. I do not have an art room and 5 -6
students share 3 * 6 foot tables. I put one glue container at each
table with several stir sticks (which can be sharpened to a point for
fine work). Students use the stick to dig a dot of glue and spread it.
        I have found there is little waste and I control the initial
administration of glue. Last year I used one 4 litre jug of white
glue, which served 100 students.

        Cleanup: The glue can be stored in a shallow flat box, and
the sticks are placed in a yoghurt tub partly filled with water. The
sticks are reused many times before trashed.

        Problems:
-students may consider this as a "non-adult" method
-students can purchase their own glue if they wish.
-chalk or whatever fragments become mixed with glue (not a problem -
just dump, wash, replenish)

christene in nova scotia

---