Basic color lessons/collage artists?

---------

From: Trish Gorman (TrishGorman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 17:52:17 PDT

Hi folks,
I've been receiving lots of wonderful replies to my request for help!! I'm sending a heartfelt thank you to those who have been writing me. Those Impressionist links have been incredible! I've got a project planned.

I have been searching links like crazy (I now dream in keyboard symbols), but cannot find some basic starting lessons. I am looking for lessons using pastels. I would like to start my Impressionism unit with some warm-cold, near-far, tints/tones lessons. Does anyone have some they would share?

I've been loving the Subjective and Objective lists to create a poem. I have been thinking about using this technique to have them create a collage piece to help them process their feelings to our current state of national/international affairs. Someone suggested starting with the concept "My dream of the world I want to live in." Any thoughts? Any collage artists (words+colors+textures) you can direct me to?

Thanks more-
Trish

PS:

---