Re: HELP-art stories needed for literacy program at school

---------

From: Judy Nagel (jdnag_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 06:54:05 PDT

FYI "Getting to Know the world's Greatest Artists" is listed on page 368 in
the Sax catalog. Other books that you might consider are "Tales Alive"
(Multicultural Folktales), "Bird Tales from Near and Far" and "Tales of
Shimmering Sky" all listed on page 365 in Sax. Hope this helps. Judy
jnagel@saxarts.com

> >From: "Kevin Lock" <kevin.lock@sympatico.ca>
> > Though the students are at
> > the 9-10 grade level, their reading levels range from 3-8 on average. In
> > order to help out, i would like to use art stories in the classroom. Art
> > History textbooks are usually at too high of a reading level for our
> > students. I am looking for stories that range from 1-4 pages in length.
> > They can be funny,anecdotal, or even just offering different views. The
> > stories should be easy to read for the above grade levels. If anyone
knows
> > of resources on the web or of any books on art history that are used for
> > younger grades, please drop me a line with the info. > Thanks> Kevin

---