Re: liquid tempera organization ?

---------

Iteachart7_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 05:21:23 PDT

In a message dated 9/22/01 8:32:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Susan_Holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu writes:

> I need some advice on organizing the use of liquid tempera. I want my 5th
> grade students to be able to choose from all the colors and mix new colors--
> and I want to avoid both wasting lots of paint and having to squirt out
> paint
> in tiny increments. What do wise art teachers do?

I love your last line ("what do wise art teachers do?")
Anyway this "wise art teacher" :) has encountered the same problem and I
teach high school. I have all the colors on a cart wth the pumps. I use
plastic trays for palletes when I want them to do mixing and magazines for
smaller things. But most of you who use the pump know that sometimes the
pump "burps" and yikes, why is it always the red piant! This year I bought
hair coloring squeeze bottles, I have all the colors on a lazy susan on each
table, when they need more. it's at the table. They know to only squeeze the
size of a quarter at a time.
Peace
Gabrielle

---