Re: paper mache

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 14:48:17 PDT

artsednet@lists.getty.edu writes:
>I am thinking of trying paper mache with 4th and 5th graders for the first
>time. Any advice on how much paste you need for class? And what glue to
>use so I don't end up with a stinky mess. Thanks for your help!

I use Ross Art Paste. I find that it does not get stinky, and will keep
indefinitely (even over the summer) if sealed in an air tight tub. One box
makes a lot of paste, but the amount you need depends on the size of your
projects and the way you have the kids use the paste! My classes can get
through small projects on one box per class. It is helpful to mix it a couple
of days in advance of using it.

---