Re: wasting tempera

---------

From: Debbie Stone (dstone_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 09:31:45 PDT

try clear film canisters...they are small, they are air tight, you can see the color through them, and they can all be stored in a box. I have the kids get their colors and then put their names on them with masking tape and markers...when we are done the ones that have a lot of paint in them are put in the box and kept for the next unit. When the kids are done with a color they take their name off and put it in the box...then anyone can use that color....

>>> Jayna Huffines <jayna_99@yahoo.com> 09/24/01 10:31AM >>>
It seems like every time I have an issue I need help
with, someone else out there does too! I was so
frustrated with my 8th graders today! I thought I was
a genius for putting their tempera in ice cube trays
and having them cover them with foil to keep them
fresh.
I trusted them to refill on their own, so I left the
paint out for them. They quit getting their ice trays
when their colors got muddied or dry because they left
the foil halfway off, and they started pouring paint
on the magazine pages I gave them for mixing! Argh!
I know there has got to be a better way---thanks for
all the ideas!

Jayna