Re: wasting tempera

---------

From: Cecilia Gollan (GollanC_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 09:03:10 PDT

I use plastic wrap instead of foil. Have the students gently press the plastic into the paint (no air between two). You can reuse paint for a long time this way. I give students diem size amounts of paint and if they need more they can get it later. This helps eliminate waste. I know how you feel. Went through this a couple weeks ago. Hope this helps.

>>> jayna_99@yahoo.com 09/24/01 11:31AM >>>
It seems like every time I have an issue I need help
with, someone else out there does too! I was so
frustrated with my 8th graders today! I thought I was
a genius for putting their tempera in ice cube trays
and having them cover them with foil to keep them
fresh.
I trusted them to refill on their own, so I left the
paint out for them. They quit getting their ice trays
when their colors got muddied or dry because they left
the foil halfway off, and they started pouring paint
on the magazine pages I gave them for mixing! Argh!
I know there has got to be a better way---thanks for
all the ideas!

Jayna